Every Tuesday, I am planning to try a new recipe, craft project, home solution, workout, or something and let you know how it worked for me.
For the very first week, I made a mug cake from Babble.com (click link for recipe).
This was a super easy recipe that only took me about 5 minutes from start to finish. Here are the high points:
– First off, this was delicious!! I will definitely be making it again!
– When I do make it again, I will be sure to mix it better than I did this time. Some of the egg wasn’t whipped up enough, and it stayed together in the cake.
– I may add a few tablespoons of quick oats for a little more texture!
– I think this would be awesome with some unsweetened cocoa powder to make it taste a little more like a brownie .
– The recipe recommends cooking for 1:30 – 2 minutes…1:30 did the trick in my microwave.
– This was the perfect serving size for one or to share with a buddy.
– We didn’t have any ice cream to put on top (which I’m sure would have been perfection in a mug), so we just splashed a bit of almond milk on top to give it a little bit of creaminess.
All in all, this is a delicious dish! Satisfies the sweet tooth and doesn’t leave you with a bunch of leftovers to snack on for the days to come.
Do you think you this mug cake is something you will try?